♪ Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight, We’re happy tonight,
Walking in a winter wonderland. ♫
That song has been in my head all through these days. And well it’s almost December and it’s time to bring out my favorite winter songs and bask in the memories of those happy childhood days when we would travel down to India and have a huge family Christmas Extravaganza.
Our family favorite was Jim Reeves though. His voice is so soothing and deep and the moment his songs are played, well you just know Christmas is round the corner.
So well, it’s been pretty cool in Dubai lately, weather wise. Not cold, just cool. Which is an absolute treat for us Dubai folks. But I know there are some of my friends who are already battling the snow and the cool winter. And this Baileys Hot Chocolate would be perfect for this time of the year. I think this is, hands down, the best Hot Chocolate I have ever had. The addition of Baileys is just genius. It just lifted up the whole drink.
We couldn’t wait to get done with the photographs and gulp down all the hot chocolate. I’m craving one just as I write about it. The due credit for this genius recipe obviously goes to Amanda from Amanda K. by the Bay.
So rush into your kitchen and make this wonderful winter drink, then cozy up on your couch as you drink this hot cup of deliciousness. Slurp!!
- 3 cups milk
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- In a small saucepan, add milk and the heavy cream. Turn on to medium heat and let mixture warm up. Do not let it boil. Now,
- Add the chocolate chips. Let the chocolate chips melt in the milk mixture. Do not forget to whisk frequently.
- Once the chocolate has fully combined, add Bailey's. Stir to combine and transfer to oven/heat safe mugs.
- Place marshmallows on top of hot chocolate and use your blow torch (if you have one) and toast your marshmellows.
- Alternatively, turn on your oven (broiler) and place mug under broiler. Keep the oven door open and watch over your marshmallows as they cook real fast. Once your marshmallows are nice and toasty, remove from heat and drink away.