This pasta recipe you guys, is easy as pie. I cannot wait for you’ll to try it. You know I try, as much as possible, to keep it simple with easily available ingredients.
Now for the past year I have been suffering with some serious bloating issues. Plus, ever since I got married, I realized I was finding it really hard to lose weight.
I started analyzing the days when I felt so full and super bloated and then realized that most of my meals included either Quboos (Arabic bread) or Chappattis; both of which are made with wheat. So I went on an elimination diet to see what actually affected and yes it all boiled down to gluten.
I must say, I am not gluten intolerant, I am just gluten sensitive. So I keep my gluten intake to an absolute minimum.
And to add to this whole Gluten fiasco, I read up articles and watched documentaries that made me want to go dairy free as well. See, I have not eliminated any of these from my diet, but I have reduced my dairy and gluten intake by a huge huge amount, and I feel so good. I am not as bloated as before nor do I have any acidity issues. I have managed to lose a teeny bit of weight too. So all in all its working out in my favor.
So for this recipe, I have used Gluten free pasta and pretty much no dairy (for most part of it). I had to use normal Parmesan because I could not find vegan parmesan here in Dubai and I was a bit lazy to make my own at home. ;P
This recipe is gluten free, can be dairy free and vegan if you use Vegan parmesan. It is super creamy, and tastes kinda “cheesy”. The Sauce is made of… wait for it… Cashews, almond milk and Roasted Butternut Squash. YES, it’s a veggie nutty sauce and it blankets the pasta so beautifully. You can go ahead and add some chicken or maybe some shrimps too. I chose to keep it meatless.
I can assure you that you’ll will love making this, and oh wait I forgot to mention it’s a one pot pasta, which means no need to use a hundred vessels. Yay to that because I LOATHE dishwashing.
As usual don’t forgot to let me know how you liked this recipe.
- 1 pack Gluten free Pasta- I used Fusilli
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1.5 cups of Butternut Squash, Roasted (you can even use Pumpkin)
- 1 handful Cashewnuts
- 1.25L Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Now add the garlic fry until it releases it's aroma.
- Add 1L Almond milk and pasta to the same pan and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, in a blender add the cashews, Butternut squash, 250ml Almond Milk, Parmesan cheese. Blend until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add the blended concoction to your cooked pasta. Mix well. Ensure the sauce coats the pasta well.
- Add Chili flakes, Salt and pepper. Mix well.