We, The DCosta’s love fish. My mum is a “fishopoholic”, as in she goes bonkers when she steps into a fish market. She loves buying the freshest and the best fish for us at home. Most of them being the ‘Indian’ ones. As in the one’s we Indians eat most. Pomphrets, Sardines, Mackerels, Dover Sole, Prawns, Hammour, King fish to name a few.
BUT no one in my family likes Salmon, besides me. I love Salmon. I’m the only one in my family that loves it. As Indians, we don’t eat much Salmon as it’s not something you get in India so easily. So it’s not something we grew up eating, or rather my folks grew up eating.
So now that I live separately I can eat as much of it as I want. With Salmon though I have learnt that the trick is in keeping it simple. With a handful of ingredients, you can create something so wonderful and tasty.
One day as I was browsing through Pinterest, I ran into this wonderful recipe for Parmesan Garlic Salmon. I was alone at home and had just one piece of Salmon left. So I decided to make it for dinner. It’s turned out to be the best homemade Salmon I have ever prepared. Too bad I was eating it all alone.
So I made it again a couple weeks later for Meeth and I, which I served with some oven baked asparagus and carrots, and Meeth who usually isn’t a fan of Salmon, really liked it.
Hence, I decided to make it for you guys too and hope you’ll enjoy it just as much.
Serve it with a side of your favourite veggies or pasta, and I’m sure the whole family will enjoy this simple and tasty Parmesan Garlic Salmon.
- 6 oz potion of Salmon
- 1 Tbsp Light butter
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat Oven to 170C.
- Mix the butter, Parmesan cheese, grated garlic, lemon juice, pepper and salt in a bowl to make a paste.
- Cut a piece of foil large enough for the Salmon. Place the salmon on the foil paper.
- Spread the paste on top of the salmon.
- Cut another piece of foil paper large enough to cover the salmon and fold up the sides. Place it on a baking tray and bake for about 30min.