It has been a while since I penned down a post on behalf of Sarah but I am going to do so wholeheartedly because I’m writing about one of my favorite quick-fix sweet treats – Peanut Butter Crispy Balls.
Before I begin, I must point out that I had never really known of the awesomeness of peanut butter because I never bothered tasting it. So when we first made these “AmazeBalls”, I thought at the most I’ll have just one. I mean what good can come out of peanut butter?!?! (Yes, I know I’ve been living under a rock) But oh, when I took the first bite, a whole new dimension opened up. I literally beat myself up at the thought of why didn’t I try PB earlier, but better late than never right?
Now sadly, I couldn’t devour them all by myself because we have a family to feed you see… a HUGE one that too. Putting it in the nicest way – I absolutely do not like sharing sweets I love and these AmazeBalls have officially made it on to that list. You can see now how much harder it was for me to share.
So this time when Sarah suggested we make these AmazeBalls (yes, I’ll keep calling them AmazeBalls) for the blog, I was way too excited. This recipe is so easy that it does not even require baking. All you have to do is, toss in the ingredients, mix; roll them into balls and FEAST! Or, like me, you could also dive in for those “in between tastings” that build up the excitement for the end result – amazeee balls!!!!
This is one of the best sweet snacks that you can quickly make to satisfy your sweet tooth. Oh, these also make for great Christmas treats and yea statutory warning– No one can eat just one! (Don’t say I didn’t warn you) These were a huge hit at Sarah’s workplace too which means we have multiple confirmations that these taste delightful.
So then get ready to get your hands dirty!
P.S – It’s no surprise when I say I am guilty of the half bitten AmazeBall that you see in the picture 😀 😀
P.S.S- Credit to Laura Vitale from Laura in the Kitchen for this awesome recipe!
- ¼ cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1-1/4 cup of Confectioners Sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of Crisped Rice Cereal
- 1 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
For the Chocolate Coating:
1 12oz bag of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Shortening
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add vanilla and peanut better and cook on low heat until the peanut butter melts.
- In another medium sized bowl, mix the rice cereal and sugar and pour this over the peanut butter mixture.
- Let the mixture cool for sometime and then form it into small balls. Wet your hands before you form them as this prevents them from sticking.
- Freeze for at least half an hour or keep in the refrigerator of a couple of hours before coating them.
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate and shortening and microwave until melted.
- Dip each one in the melted chocolate using forks and place them on the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place them in the fridge to set for at least half an hour and serve!