Helllooooooooo people!! So after a lot of reminders I have finally brought myself to write this post and you know it’s not something I do a lot, hence the procrastination. Here at P2P, I (Crystal) do the baking part of what you see, while Sarah makes the baked goods look even better!
So it’s pretty obvious that I like the baking bit and when I’m done I lick the remaining batter off the bowls because obviously we don’t waste anything you know. Do you know how tasty the batter is?! Oh! I just love everything about baking!
I’m sure there are a lot of you who don’t know how much I LOVE chocolate. No seriously, you have no idea! I can eat anything chocolate-y at any time of the day! I’m serious. Breakfast, lunch, dinner…. midday snack or rather several midday snacks 😉 Especially when it is in the form of these rich, gooey, fudgy brownies! Ahhhh! And of course I’m craving some of these now.
These brownies have been a hit in our family and even among Sarah’s colleagues. We have even shared it with so many friends who look for a good recipe to make brownies. The addition of a smooth and perfect salted caramel sauce in between is the highlight or as we say in Hindi, sone pe suhaaga (means icing on the cake, but the Hindi version just has a good ring to it)! And you know what is so good about this amazing recipe? All you got to do is, add everything into one big bowl and fold. That’s it, as easy as that!
When I first started baking, I thought all of this was too fancy for me to do. But trust me, the only thing fancy about baking is your beautifully baked product. And that’s a plus point! So don’t hesitate to use that oven of yours! Go ahead and bake some brownies! This is a pretty easy recipe to start with and it doesn’t even take you time to prepare. Depending on your oven, it could take you about 25-40 mins. Mine usually gets done in 25 mins. If you’re ever looking for a quick dessert, go ahead and make these brownies! A large scoop of vanilla ice cream on a warm piece of this fudgy brownie with some caramel on top….. simply perfect!
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Salted Caramel
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt. Mix well.
- Fold in cocoa powder and flour.
- Pour just over half the brownie batter into the baking dish and spread evenly. Pour ½ a cup of salted caramel over the brownie batter and spreading evenly. Spoon the rest of the brownie batter over the top, sealing in as much caramel as possible.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick/knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (about 1 hour). Cut into squares and serve.