Hello pretty people,
What a busy (and “scorchingly” hot) month this has been so far. Birthday celebrations, weekend family outing, family bible study were just some of things occupying us the last month. Now that I mentioned our weekend outing, have you seen our crazy attempt at Dubsmash videos, if not, do check them out on our Instagram page @planestoplates.
Amidst all the things I cooked this month, I want to share my grand success with Banana Bread. Bananaaa…. BAANAANAAAA (MINION VOICE)
Yes, after several fail attempts I have finally managed to make a moist and absolutely delicious Banana bread. The last time I made banana bread, I was unmarried and lived with my parents. After I baked the bread, I let it cool down and excitedly took my first bite. I immediately noticed that there was an odd soapy taste in the bread and could just not figure out how that happened. Upon further “investigation” I found out that the packet of flour which I used was stored in the same cupboard as where the detergent powder is kept in the kitchen. I kind of gave up on my pursuit to create the perfect Banana Bread and thought to myself that I can probably never get this right.
Until very recently, I was reminded of banana bread once again, maybe from some Pinterest article. I took up the challenge and firmly decided that I will get it right this time. And guess what, I did not just get it right, it was PERFECT. Obviously the rightful credit goes to Laura Vitale from Laura in the Kitchen whose recipe is just so easy and flawless.
I decided to just do a simple basic banana bread but you can jazz it up with some chocolate chips or nuts and/or glaze it with cream cheese or Nutella. I just love to have it warm with some Unsalted butter spread on a slice. Yummmm….
So, let’s make Banana (minion voice) bread.
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 115 gms Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Ripe Bananas, lightly mashed
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Whole Milk
- Preheat your oven to 375°F/ 180°C
- Grease a 9in x 5in loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. My loaf tin was slightly smaller and still worked fine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time and whisk to combine, followed by the mashed bananas and vanilla. Mix until combined, do not worry if it looks curdled, that’s normal.
- Now, add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix together until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. Add milk while mixing in the dry ingredients.
- Go ahead and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 10 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.